Saturday, October 1, 2011

T-minus 16.25 hours and counting

I know my faithful readers are all anxious to hear how my ankle is doing and how I'm feeling with the start time of the Twin Cities Marathon less than 24 hours away!

My ankle is doing much better. This week of lots of rest and short little runs has been good for it. This morning, for the first time since the trail race, it didn't hurt at all. Until I carried Izzy around for over an hour at the kids' races this morning, then walked around the race expo. I could feel it swelling up a little. It seems better now. Keeping my fingers crossed that it feels good in the morning and holds up through the race.

Went to the race expo and packet pick up this morning. It's always fun to walk through the expo. One of my favorite booths was One More Mile. They have hats and shirts with fun running slogans on them.

Among my favorites:
This isn't sweat; it's liquid awesome!
Sorry, Honey, not tonight...I have a long run in the morning.
If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin.
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go.
I'm only doing this so I can post a picture on Facebook.

I also saw a mother of young children wearing one that said, "26.2 miles of peace and quiet."

For anyone who wants to follow my progress tomorrow morning, there is online runner tracking at http://www.mtectracking.com/Mtrack?raceid=27 and a live stream from the finish line on the KARE 11 website (www.kare11.com) or the TCM website (www.tcmevents.org)

Good luck, runners!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen the Liquid Awesome shirt before, but I'll be looking for it now!

I checked your progress today, and YOU DID GREAT!!!!!!! Congratulations. :)

Deb said...

Oh, those shirts are FUNNY! I love the "Not tonight honey...." You were great today! And if that's what you can do on a bad ankle....I'm a litte scared of what you are capable of when you're tip top. :)