Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reality

I don't usually watch "reality" TV. I've never seen an episode of "Survivor" or "Real World" or even "American Idol." But last winter we happened upon "The Biggest Loser: Couples" and I was hooked. The transformations the contestants made were incredible. And what's not to like about seeing people sweat and get yelled at by trainers. (I did have to fast forward through Mark crying.) When the show ended I felt so empty inside. I no longer knew what was happening to these people who felt like members of my family. More importantly, that was my one hour of evening television during the week. I looked forward to it all week. I was lost without it. Luckily, I happened upon "The Next Food Network Star." Now I look forward to Sunday nights, 9 p.m. Central. Who will be sent home tonight?