Monday, June 23, 2008

Supersonic

I don't know if you know this, but one of my favorite things in the world (that's right, the whole entire world) is a Cherry-Limeade from Sonic. I have not lived within 100 miles of a Sonic since December 21, 1997. For years I have been teased by commercials for Sonic which air here and aired in Michigan. The Sonic gods must have decided I suffered long enough. Two weeks ago the first Sonic opened in Minnesota, in St. Paul. A mere 4 miles from my brother's house. Just 28.3 miles from our house. My only questions are why did it take two weeks for this news to reach me??? and why didn't Al tell me the exact location when I was so close to it earlier today. Now that I think about it, I've been to Steve's house 3 times in the last week; 3 times in the last week I was 5 minutes away from Sonic and had no idea. You'd think I would have sensed something. The even better news: they're building another one much, much closer to us. My life just may be complete.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Good news for you. They just opened a Sonic in Southgate; the only one in all of Michigan. The lines have been so long they have the local police directing traffic. I waited in line for about an hour in the rain and the poor teenaged boy letting cars through diligently stood his ground.