Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Munkin


Madeline has two baby dolls. She got one from me for her birthday last year. Her name was "Baby" for the longest time. Sometime this summer she became Julia. Mads is a very sweet little mama to Julia, changing her diaper, nursing her, bathing her, dressing her, reading to her, tucking her in to bed. The other baby she got from her Grandma E, maybe for her first birthday or the Christmas she was one. That one was called "Tiny Baby" and was Madeline's dear friend for about a year. But she has played second fiddle to Julia for the last several months.

Recently Madeline has been playing with both at the same time. And "Tiny Baby" got a real name, Munkin. I have no idea where that came from. Well, that's not true. I have a couple ideas. In any case, I'm glad Munkin has a name and is getting some love again.

3 comments:

HB said...

Our Mads has a baby she calls her "Baby". Everyone always has to ask what her name is. It makes me laugh because I wonder if people think our little girls can name their babies at their little ages. I guess in time our "Baby" might get a name. Madeline gives me hope =)

ingrid said...

I know. People would ask Madeline what her baby's name was and she'd stare at them blankly then answer very matter-of-factly "Baby" as if to say "What else would she be called?"

wildmary said...

Ok, you guys, I know I'm out of the loop, but I had to tell you about my friend's cat who lives on her porch. Her name is Porch Cat. That's relevant, right?? :)