Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lazy (wo)man

In an attempt to make myself focus on training for the triathlon I am doing in August (I've been focused on running for the last month or two, as I ran a half marathon Memorial Day weekend), I signed up for the "Lazyman Triathlon" at our Y. Between June 1 and July 15 I need to complete the mileages for an Ironman triathlon. For those not familiar with Ironman distances, that's 2.5 miles swimming, 112 miles biking and 26.2 miles running. (My triathlon in August is considerably shorter.)

I thought I needed to do all those miles at the Y. I was very relieved yesterday when I went to the Y for the first time since June 1 to find out that I did not have to do them all at the Y and could count all the runs I'd done and biking with the kids. I am not as far behind as I thought and I don't have to run on the treadmill when the weather is so beautiful!

I'm going to try to update my progress here every week.

For June 5 - June 12:
Swim: 0 miles
Bike: 16.3 miles
Run: 21.5 miles

Miles/percentage remaining:
Swim: 2.5 miles, 100%
Bike: 95.7 miles, 85%
Run: 4.7 miles, 18%

I will probably knock out the running in my next run. I'm hoping to get in the pool once or twice this week. I need to find a way to up my biking mileage. I keep thinking I'm going to make it to cycle class at the Y. Maybe this will be the week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! That's like the one I did between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Biking was the hardest for me, too, just because that mileage number seemed SO BIG. But I know you can do it. :)

Keep us updated!

Katie said...

That's great! It's a wonderful idea to space out it "lazy-style" and still be working toward your goal of a sprint tri! Good luck with accomplishing the rest of your lazy tri! :)