Monday, July 18, 2011

Gratitude

I need to take a moment to give a big shout out to my husband and parenting partner. Thank you, Al, for all you do to make it possible for me to pursue my passions.

Al spends several hours alone with the girls on weekend mornings while I go out on long runs and bike rides. On race days he gets up with them, sometimes (way) earlier than he would like, and gets them dressed, fed and to the race site to cheer me on. He fields countless inquiries like "Where's Mommy?" and "When's Mommy going to be home?" He does it all without complaint. He encourages me every step of the way. He tells me afterward how proud he is.

I want him to know that I appreciate it. I don't take him for granted. I know how fortunate I am.

Thanks, Al!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Al. :)

Deb said...

So sweet. Way to go Al!!

Katie said...

awwwwwwww--this is awesome! That's great that you have a supportive partner who helps all along the way! :) Way to go Al! :)