Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I might be crazy

I just registered for another triathlon. Roughly the same distances as the one coming up in August. Except this one is in 10 days! I was perusing a very comprehensive race calendar for Minnesota looking for some kind of race in July when I spotted this sprint tri in Chaska, a neighboring community. Then I talked to a friend who had done it a few times and said it was a good one. That sealed it.

I really wanted the YWCA Triathlon to be my first triathlon post-kids, but doing the Lazyman got me itching to race. I know I can do it, but I'm a little nervous nonetheless. Until I started doing the Lazyman, I wasn't really in a triathlon frame of mind. I'm especially nervous about the bike. I haven't been out on my triathlon bike yet this year and I've never ridden it in a race. I am not very confident on it. But I'm going to get it out tomorrow, maybe get it tuned up before next Saturday, finish up my Lazyman miles on it. And I'll have to get out some of my books and articles and brush up on transitions and strategy and etiquette.

Exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is exciting! Can't wait to hear how it goes. :)