Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 4 - June 27 - July 3

Whew. What a week. Recovering from camping, packing for our North Shore trip, three off days, two five hour drives, three nights on the shores of Lake Superior (with 4 people in a king-sized bed), five cousins under the age of 6, 30 miles covered on the Gitchi-Gami State Trail, and more steps (the stairs kind as well as the pedometer kind) than I can count. A lot of fun, but man am I exhausted.

I love the North Shore of Lake Superior. I hadn't been in almost 3 years and I really missed it. It was wonderful to get out Saturday and Sunday mornings for a 10-mile run and a 20-mile bike. That combined with two short but steep afternoon hikes with Izzy on my back, meant sore, tired quads and a welcome rest day today. It also meant two pieces of Betty's Pie.

And I am well within reach of my Lazyman goals. Here are the tallies for the week:

Swim: 0.75 miles
Bike: 28.5 miles
Run: 13.5 miles

Totals, miles completed/percentage remaining:

Swim: 2.5/complete!
Bike: 93.3/16.7%
Run: 51.5/complete!

Just 18.7 bike miles to go by the end of this week. I was hoping to make it to cycle class at the Y this week, so I could knock out 12 miles. However, I have conflicts both days. Also, that class kicks my butt when I'm fresh. I'm not sure my legs would be in any shape for spinning tomorrow. I'll have to break it into 2-3 shorter rides. I have a 15 mile run this coming weekend, so I need to finish my biking well enough in advance to have a recovery day before the run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you got all that activity in while on your vacation! Good luck with the biking this week. :)