Friday, July 8, 2011

Whew

Today I finished the biking for the Lazyman. I never got a decent sized ride in this week, so I did a lot of fitting in a ride here and there. And somehow ended up 1.2 miles short of 112. So, around 3 p.m., when it was about 90 degrees out, the girls asked to go for a bike ride. (As an aside, I love that the girls have gotten to really enjoy being out in the trailer. It was not always that way. It makes fitting workouts in so much easier.) We went for two laps around the "Darnel Loop" which is about 1 mile per lap. If my calculations are correct, I finished with 112.8 bike miles.

Tomorrow I've got a 15 mile run on tap. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time preparing, as much or more than I would for a race. I found a route (on the USATF website--good website for finding runs and tracking your own), planned my water drops, got all my water bottles and nutrition together, got the coffee maker ready, set out my breakfast, made ice so I can take an ice bath when I get home, got out my running gear...and discovered I hadn't done all the laundry from last weekend yet and had no clean sports bras or running socks. So...I threw in a load on "speed cycle" and am hoping it finishes up soon so I can toss it in the dryer and get to bed. I'm setting an alarm to get up early and get out there before it gets too hot.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I hope your run goes well!

Do you do ice baths normally?

Anonymous said...

Hope it went well this morning! I'm so glad your girls like the trailer. I'm sure that helps a lot.

On a side note, we gave away our jogging stroller this week. Katie is WAY too big for it now, and Natalie never really liked it. It has gone on to a new home with a co-worker expecting their first baby any time now. They can't wait to use it when the baby is big enough!